Our client is a leading and expanding Private Equity company operating in the Cleantech sector (environmental, public health, renewable energies). Our client has developed a solid network of clients based in Benelux, France and Switzerland. We have been mandated to recruit a CFO who will be a senior member of the team.
You will be responsible for the Asset Management Company as well as the funds themselves (currently 2 PE funds).
You will be an active guest to the General Assemblies, the Board of Directors of the Asset Management Company, the Investment Committee and the Advisory Committee of each fund.
You will manage the day-to-day financial and tax operations, running financial, regulatory and administration controlling, structuring the organization for growth, as well as managing strategic projects.
Regarding the financial activities, you will be responsible among other tasks for:
- Gathering and forwarding all documentations and relevant information to the fiduciary in order for them to prepare the accounting, the payroll and the tax declarations.
- Reviewing and controlling the accounts, the payroll and the tax declarations prepared by the fiduciary and ensuring it complies with the legislation.
- Designing and managing the budgets and cash-flows, including forecasting and analyzing the gaps.
- Drafting excel modelling to analyze performance and other objectives.
- Liaising with the banks and the investors, proceeding with calls and payments.
- Coordinating the audit processes and being the contact person with the auditors.
- Helping on a case by case basis in designing the financial engineering for the asset management company, the funds or the portfolio companies, in coordination with the other team members.
- Helping on a case by case basis in analyzing financials of investment opportunities or in designing KPI to improve portfolio companies’ follow-up in coordination with the investment team members.
Regarding the administrative activities, you will be responsible among other tasks for:
- Preparing and attending some General Assembly and Board meetings, some Investment and Advisory Committees meetings.
- Preparing the reporting and being the contact person with CSSF.
- Monitoring some third-parties covenants.
- Drafting and coordinating the financial documents with the investors.
- Managing tasks related to recruitment, human resources, partners, suppliers and administration.
- Updating and monitoring some internal procedures.
Regarding the regulatory activities, you will be responsible among other tasks for:
- Coordinating and updating the KYC documentation.
- Coordinating and updating the CRS and FATCA reporting.
- Coordinating and updating the Ultimate Beneficiary Owner reporting.
Additional responsibilities in line with the strategic development (in 2-3 years) could be required as well:
- Assisting and managing part of a potential Joint-Venture with a partner in China (to expand geographically with the same business model).
- Assisting and managing part of a potential Merger-Acquisition of a complementary European Private Equity firm (to expand either geographically or with a new asset class).
You have experience in Audit in a Big 4 (at least a Manager level in the Funds industry) or an experience as a Finance or Accounting Director within the Luxembourg market.
An experience working with the CSSF in the context to obtain accreditation for the AIFM licence is an advantage but is not mandatory.
You are fluent in French and in English.
The job will be based in Luxembourg and you are flexible for one-day meetings based in Brussels or Paris.
You are autonomous, organised and have an entrepreneurial approach
You are a team player and a good communicator.
For more information please contact Eunice Yiu or Nicolas Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 27.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.
The Recruiter is fully confidential and leads with ethic, professionalism and dedication assigned recruitment missions.