Our client is a Logistic and Supply Chain Service provider based in Luxembourg. We are delighted to share our exclusive assignment to recruit a (Junior) Compliance Officer (m/f) .
A first 3 to 5 years of professional experience in any kind of industry, i.e. automotive, metallurgy, life sciences, aeronautic, pharmaceutical, logistics, FMCG, NGO’s, … is highly desired.
Scope of the position:
Our client is facing potential exposure to several areas of regulatory risk such as antitrust, anti-bribery, fraud, and export restrictions. With the overall aim of protecting the company from financial penalties, legal exposure, and reputational risk, the compliance department (composed of 10 people) supports each business area in its duty to comply with the relevant laws. The department’s functions include risk assessment, providing training and consultation, due diligence, monitoring, reporting, investigation and remediation.
Your main tasks will be:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the company compliance program in the EMEA region.
- Design, implement & monitor effective measures aiming to manage adequately compliance related risks linked to the topics of Anti-Corruption, Anti-Trust, Fraud and AML. Additionally, some involvement in GDPR & Export Controls affairs may be necessary.
- Work with all business units involved in EMEA operations, acting as trusted advisor in all matters related to legal & regulatory compliance as well as providing assistance, direction and management of all compliance related queries.
- Communicate frequently & openly to all business units involved in EMEA operations, keeping them updated on regulatory changes, company policies and any other aspects related to Compliance.
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- In the frame of the overall compliance department training strategy, develop and deliver an effective compliance training program.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of all related compliance procedures, as well as the periodical enhancement of the company compliance program.
- Implement compliance audits or compliance related investigations.
- Keep a detailed and extensive documentation of all activities, investigations and cases dealt with.
- Provide regular reports keeping the Head of Compliance Support, Chief Compliance Officer & Senior Management informed of progress of compliance related affairs in the Area.
- Have a +3-5 years of experience in a similar position or a position with similar responsibilities,
- Hold a higher education degree, preferably in Legal or International Affairs field,
- Be ethics-oriented and possess a strong moral compass,
- Be trustworthy, honest and integer,
- Strong reporting and organizational skills, including maintenance and updating documentation databases,
- Possess excellent communication & social skills,
- Experience in training is considered an advantage,
- People and team oriented with the capacity to work independently as well,
- Ability to multi-task between several open projects; good time management skills,
- A fluency English is mandatory – additional languages are considered an advantage.
Please note that a criminal record certificate no. 3 is required in this process.
For more information, please contact Marilyn Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 21.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.