Our client is a leading software platform company. Due to their ongoing growth, they are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their diverse and international team working towards solidifying their Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
The DevOps Engineer will play an active role in the development of a new software platform which will operate through the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and building the company’s core product on AWS and GCP;
- Building automated application deployments on Docker through Kubernetes;
- Building, managing and configuring the server ecosystem by automating and deploying apps through tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet;
- Monitoring applications and cloud infrastructure performance using Prometheus, Grafana, and Stackdriver.
- Identifying possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes;
- Participating in the process of strategic project-planning meetings by creating and sharing operational requirements and development forecasts;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Participating in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Providing support when required;
- Providing performance metrics to internal/external customers and management.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux-based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning application stacks (e.g. Apache, NGINX) and with load balancing (ELB) and CDN;
- Cloud experience is a must, ideally AWS. GCP experience is a plus;
- Experience with virtualization and containerization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, GKE, and Virtual Box;
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Prometheus, Grafana and Stackdriver;
- Experience with automation software such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Jenkins;
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. shell scripts, Python, Ruby,…);
- Fluent in English.
For more information please contact Zach TRAER by phone on +352 26 29 45 24.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.