Our client is currently looking forward to strengthening its teams by hiring a Group Leader (m/f) specialised in the field of powder-filler engineering.
The role requires a full presence in Luxembourg.
The right candidate will demonstrate a relevant scientific background (PhD + publications and patents, if applicable) gained in either the public or the private sector and excellent managerial skills for leading a team of 5-10 people.
The candidate is responsible for the overall management, coordination and performance of the activities of the team that includes the following:
- Strategy definition and implementation for the group including: road map preparation, development of a pipeline of innovative products and development of national, regional and international collaborations, partnerships and joint projects;
- Team management (setting KPIs for the team; appraisals, coaching and people development);
- Finance and administration (funding acquisition, network development and fund management);
- Continue to build his/her scientific and technological expertise.
- Holder of a PhD Degree in either Materials Chemistry, Chemical Processing Science or a related field, such as Physico-chemistry or Pharmaco-chemistry;
- Expertise in nanomaterials synthesis and engineering, explicitly in powder and fillers engineering for multi-purpose applications;
- Familiar with the field of nanocomposites, formulation, bio-based systems, powder engineering for 3D printing or connected areas like pollution trapping;
- Excellent command of English; any other language is a plus.
- At least 10-12 years of post-doctoral experience;
- Experienced in both industrial and academic world (high number of publications + patents, if applicable),
- Strong experience in building a solid network in the industry is definitively an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and project management within a competitive academic or industrial RDI environment;
- Solid experience in developing innovative research and bringing new products and tools to the powder-filler engineering sector;
- Significant experience in people management;
- Excellent track record in being a partner in risk-taking and delivering innovative solutions;
- Experience in funding acquisition.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation (from PhD students to C-level),
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities,
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills,
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
Documents to provide when applying for this role (mandatory):
- Motivation letter
- 2 or 3 reference letters or names of referees
- A list of publications, invited talks, patents, PhD supervisions and granted projects.
For more information please feel free to contact Marilyn Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 21 or Miriam Barosco on +352 26 29 45 22.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.