Our client is an industry headquartered in Luxembourg which operates in other European countries as well. We are delighted to share our exclusive assignment to recruit a Head of Purchasing department.
The Head of Purchasing will be responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services.
In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the purchasing of goods and services; assist Purchasing team members and colleagues with procurement processes, change and updates other procurement-related activities; develop and/or update policies and procedures; and develop a centralized purchasing program that will add value and efficiency to the organization.
The team will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that support the company’s acquisition and materials management of goods and services – for both customer integration and internal use.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, communicate and administer purchasing team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Oversee contract development and administration.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the team and organization.
- Manage current purchasing policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Develop a centralized purchasing program that adds value and efficiency to the organization.
- Contribute to a change management approach for all procurement-related processes.
A university degree in Business Administration or Economics or related field.
Outstanding team building and leadership skills.
Strong communication skills.
Solid analytical and computer skills.
7-15 years of related experience preferably in an industrial related sector, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
Languages skills: Fluent English and French are required.
For more information, please contact Nicolas Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 20.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.