Our client is looking to strengthen its teams by hiring a Head of Unit (m/f) with a relevant scientific background to manage a team of +/-25 people.
The candidate is responsible for the overall management, coordination and performance of the activities of the team that includes the following:
- Propose a strategic plan and a road map at short, mid and long term,
- Define relevant KPIs for the teams,
- Represent and promote the team projects externally in line with the Department’s communication strategy
- Be accountable for the administrative and financial follow-up of the projects of the unit
- Continue to build his/her scientific and technological expertise
The research activity of the role can cover the following topics (non exhaustive list):
- Mathematical and numerical modelling of composite materials, structures and technological processes;
- Mechanical testing of composites in collaboration with the Testing Platform;
- Novel design concepts and advanced manufacturing technologies in collaboration with the Composites Platform;
- Chemistry of interface and interphase of fibre-based composite materials;
- Smart structures.
- Holder of a PhD Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Sciences or related field of Engineering Sciences,
- Excellent command of English and French,
- Sound knowledge of both the industrial and academic world of composite materials and extensive experience in building relationships with industries and in the advocacy of institutional interests;
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in team leadership and project management within a competitive academic or industrial R&D environment;
- Proven experience in terms of cooperation with the industrial sector industry;
- Solid experience in developing innovative research, technology and solutions;
- High-level scientific and technological track record related to composite materials;
- Significant experience in people management added to strong communication skills and excellent team spirit.
For more information please contact Marilyn Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 21.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.