Our client is manufacturing company. They are currently looking for an In-House Intellectual Property Manager.
- Works closely with engineering teams to understand technology and business priorities, and identify and harvest strategic inventions
- Manages IP licensing, including licensing related to Standard Setting Organizations
- Works closely with client’s external counsel on IP issues and strategy for protecting and enforcing client’s intellectual property rights around the globe
- Supports external counsel on preparation, filing, and prosecution of patent applications relating to our client’s innovations and trademark applications
- Develops, maintains, and implements best practices and processes for identification and protection of IP consistent with client’s business goals
- Identifies IP training needs and assists in the development and presentation of training materials on relevant IP laws and related business issues
- Advises management on intellectual property aspects of corporate partnerships and acquisitions
- Manages IP issues associated with the use or contribution of open source software
- A patent lawyer or a patent agent registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or EPO
- At least a Bachelor in electrical engineering, applied physics, or in other relevant technical fields
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or an in-house IP department, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications in hardware and software technologies, such as analog/digital circuitry, signal processing, wired/wireless communication
- Familiarity with both U.S. and non-U.S. IP rules, regulations, and procedures
- Fluency in non-patent IP matters (including trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets) and related strategic issues
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely to senior business executives, engineers, and lawyers
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally, multi-task, manage multiple priorities, problem solve, and deliver timely and effective results in a fast-paced environment
For more information please contact Kristel Weinreich by phone on +352 26 29 45 26.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.