We are seeking a Junior IT Systems Engineer to implement, coordinate, maintain and support the integration of IT systems. Our client is an international technology and industrial company of 200 people spread across global offices. The role reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
As a Junior IT Systems Engineer:
- 50% of your time will be dedicated to end-users’ level 1 and level 2 support activities (for the Luxembourg office) such as:
- Troubleshooting issues related to hardware, software, cloud systems and access;
- Maintaining a register and inventory of equipment and software;
- Monitoring the stable operation of equipment including printers and IP phones;
- Installing networks equipment including routers, switches, Wi-Fi access points;
- 40% of your time will be dedicated to new projects and infrastructure administration activities such as:
- Selecting operating systems and software to be deployed on corporate computers, defining their configuration, and ordering, installing, and connecting them;
- Monitor industry best practices and new technology to review, compare, report and select appropriate ones to be integrated internally;
- Preparing new workplaces and server infrastructure;
- Ensuring security via access control, backups and firewalls.
- Ad-hoc IT related projects.
- 10% of the time will be dedicated to learning new skills on an IT area of your choice (infrastructure, virtualisation, network, development, cloud, …).
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience supporting users on issues related to hardware, software and network;
- Willingness to work on IT projects where autonomy and initiatives are welcome;
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Linux and MacOS;
- Understanding of networks and network routing;
- Fluent English with a professional level of French in order to manage relationships with vendors and service providers;
- Motivated, autonomous and self-starting attitude;
- Thirst for knowledge and discipline to self-educate.
For more information, please contact Julia DUCHI by phone on +352 26 29 45 24.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.