Our client is a leading Private Equity company that operates in emerging markets (Asia and Africa). The company has developed a solid network of clients through a reliable investment strategy in the FMCG sector.
Due to the growing business, our client is looking for a Portfolio Officer who is proactive and organized with critical analysis skills to support the operational team of the company.
The Portfolio Officer will be responsible for the production and analysis of the synthetic data of the investment portfolios:
- Data management, collection and analysis of relevant key indicators and figures through a specialized software for monitoring private equity investments – eFront;
- Encoding of data regarding financial flows (commitments, capital call, distributions, etc.), balance sheets (capital accounts, net assets) and portfolios (schedule of investments);
- Improvement of work-flows related to data collection though the implementation of automation tools;
- Relationship management with dedicated IT suppliers if required and ability to work on on-going improvements of the software platform;
- Deep analysis and validation of the internal consistency, quarterly closure and reconciliation with accounting;
- Data input, follow-up and analysis of the financial flows related to the investments;
- KPI performance monitoring and dashboards preparation;
- Perform portfolio value-added analyses (structuration, trends, performances, etc.);
- Preparation of support documents for the review of the portfolio, quarterly reports and valuation of investments;
- Provide key data and information to the operational team;
- Working proactively on the on-going improvement of the financial analysis tools (eFront, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Master Degree in Finance or Economics. CFA is definitely an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial services, banking, portfolio management, audit or any kind of related industries (PE, corporate or local companies, investment funds, fund of funds, etc.);
- A fluent level of English is required; a decent level of French would be highly welcome (but is not mandatory). Any other language is an asset;
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, databases, data extraction, macros, financial analysis tools) with a real passion for process improvement in such IT tools;
- Critical thinking and solid analytical skills with well organization of data;
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a multicultural team environment;
- Rigorous, precise, curious, ability to work in a small team.
For more information please contact Eunice YIU by phone on +352 26 29 45 27.
THE RECRUITER is an executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.