Our client is an international IT consulting company. They are currently looking for a freelance Senior System Engineer to join their Citrix and Microsoft infrastructure management team of 40 engineers.
As a System Engineer, you are responsible for the design, implementation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of the IT platforms our client operates for their customers and the implementation of the IT needs of their customers.
- A Senior System Engineer will have to design, configure and implement infrastructure components, maintain and strengthen the links with clients, ensure the availability of the platforms and guarantee a very high level of service. You will be responsible for the planning of the daily tasks and the implementation projects.
- Through this function you will play a fundamental role in the operational IT continuity of their clients:
- you will be responsible for the monitoring and technological development of the Microsoft and Citrix based infrastructure, in close cooperation with the service desk, application and network teams and clients.
- the design, implementation, configuration and support of Windows platforms, possibly in collaboration with technology partners and clients.
- the performance, stability, high availability, security and resilience of the platforms (servers, storage, network, security).
- You will act as second or third-line support for the internal team, clients and external technology partners.
- You will document the architecture to share knowledge and ensure its maintainability and evolution.
- You will be involved in cost-benefit studies related to infrastructure investments.
- You analyze and report SLAs and KPIs related to infrastructure and customer experience based on internal monitoring and user satisfaction measurements. You propose actions and act to maximize service quality.
- You intervene quickly in the event of an infrastructure problem, depending on the priority of the incidents and problems you encounter.
- You solve technological problems by identifying them (inventory) and looking for structural solutions (in collaboration with partners and clients).
- In order to deliver a consistent quality of service, as well in quality of work as in execution speed, you actively look for automation opportunities and propose solution to obtain the desired SLA’s.
Technical must haves :
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile;
- Windows Environment (Active Directory, SQL, Roles Windows Server);
- Scripting PowerShell;
- Security (Trend Micro, ESET, Sophos);
- ITIL v3-4.
Technical nice to have :
- Network understanding;
- Veeam or other backup tools;
- Ansible and Terraform;
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365;
Your Profile/Experience :
- French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing);
- Minimum 5-year experience is considered as an asset;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Team player;
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- You will potentially be involved in on call duty service with the team.