Our client is a large company that employs more than 2.500 people in Luxembourg. Our client is currently looking for a System and Network Engineer who will join an existing team in charge of the whole IT network, storage and systems.
- Closely work in a system and network team in charge of the whole IT infrastructure with 400+ virtualized servers supporting critical applications used by more than 2500 end users in a critical 24/7 environment.
- Being part of a mid-term significant project, in collaboration with engineering companies, to set-up a new IT infrastructure related a new building that will be launched in the next years.
- Major implication in a 2020 project related to the set-up of a new highly secured network (based on Cisco DNA).
- Supervise incidents: identify and analyse system failures. Offer solutions to limit the impact of the breakdown in collaboration with helpdesk and applications teams.
- Take care of the installation, administration and maintenance of the system and network of the current infrastructure.
- Manage the configuration of security tools such as firewalls, NAC, etc.
- Manage the unified communications systems (fixed and mobile telephony, audio / videoconferencing, messaging, etc.).
- Manage the virtualized platform under Linux and Windows systems with VMware.
- Manage and use monitoring and logging tools for system and network elements.
- Organize the automation of system processes and networks by scripting.
- Provide documentation and information. Supervise the drafting of specifications for the selection of new hardware / software.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science.
- 3 to 10 years of experience as a System and Network Engineer in a mid-size or large company.
- Strong willingness to work on network and security related projects.
- Required language skills: French and English fluent, German is welcome but not mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of systems and network management, security and unified communications systems.
- Strong analytical skills, very dedicated and being open to innovation.
- Being sensitive to the quality of service to be provided to users.
- Able to work well in a team and prioritize tasks based on a service level agreement.
- Ability to analyse issues and propose quick and effective technical solutions.
- Conscientious (documentation of the work done) and well organised.
- Ability to respect organizational and technical procedures and professional confidentiality.
For more information please contact Nicolas Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 20.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.